The Oxford Business Forum Africa 2018 was held earlier this year with a theme on ‘(Re)defining the African Consumer.’ The Forum focused on the impact of the rise of the African middle-class and their increased disposable income., overlooked low-income or bottom-of-the-pyramid consumers, and innovative solutions that can empower sustainable growth.
Hosted jointly by Saïd Business School and the Oxford Business Network for Africa, the Oxford Business Forum Africa 2018 brings together distinguished leaders from top companies, innovative start-ups, government, and civil society from across Africa with thought leaders, students, and alumni from Oxford University to discuss business in Africa.
Keynote by Yvonne Ike, Managing Director and head of Sub Saharan Africa (Ex-RSA) at Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
Keynote address – Mark Lamberti (Founder, Massmart Holdings; and CEO, Imperial Holdings) & Yasmin Kumi (Founder and Managing Director, Africa Foresight Group)
Keynote address – Colin Coleman
Disruptive Technologies & Innovation – necessity is the mother of invention
The African Consumer Macro Landscape – trends & emerging opportunities
Seizing the opportunity – actionable insights into investing in Africa
- Happy International Women’s Day, Ladybrillers!
- My Worst Day in Business: Interview with ActOne Founder & CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd | WATCH
- My Worst Day in Business: Interview with Eddie Brown Founder of Brown Capital Management| WATCH
- My Worst Day in Business: Interview with Bishop TD Jakes, Potter’s House Founder | WATCH
- The Rock on How he Went From Being Evicted to Becoming the Highest Paid Actor in the World | WATCH