The Oxford Business Forum Africa 2018 was held earlier this year with a theme on ‘(Re)defining the African Consumer.’ The Forum focused on the impact of the rise of the African middle-class and their increased disposable income., overlooked low-income or bottom-of-the-pyramid consumers, and innovative solutions that can empower sustainable growth.
Hosted jointly by Saïd Business School and the Oxford Business Network for Africa, the Oxford Business Forum Africa 2018 brings together distinguished leaders from top companies, innovative start-ups, government, and civil society from across Africa with thought leaders, students, and alumni from Oxford University to discuss business in Africa.
Keynote by Yvonne Ike, Managing Director and head of Sub Saharan Africa (Ex-RSA) at Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
Keynote address – Mark Lamberti (Founder, Massmart Holdings; and CEO, Imperial Holdings) & Yasmin Kumi (Founder and Managing Director, Africa Foresight Group)
Keynote address – Colin Coleman
Disruptive Technologies & Innovation – necessity is the mother of invention
The African Consumer Macro Landscape – trends & emerging opportunities
Seizing the opportunity – actionable insights into investing in Africa
- Dallas Mavericks’ CEO Cynthia Marshall on How to Enter Business Leadership from the Center | WATCH
- Michelle Obama and Julia Roberts in Conversation about Empowering Girls | WATCH
- LBW 073: Meet Linda Arrey – Captain, CEO, Author, Speaker & Ladybrille Woman of the Month!
- LBW 072: Meet Ofonime Isokrari, a Nurse Practitioner Full of Gratitude & Ladybrille Woman of the Month!
- Tyler Perry Becomes First Black Man to Own a Major Film Studio in America | 5 Lessons to Note!