‘Renowned fashion journalist Suzy Menkes once called superstar designer Alber Elbaz a “master of improvisation.” That instinctual, passionate disposition was on full display onstage at VOICES, BoF’s annual gathering for big thinkers, in partnership with QIC Global Real Estate, as Elbaz waxed on lyrically about what he’s learned since his abrupt firing from Lanvin in 2015.
In a breezy-but-heartfelt, almost-stream-of-consciousness performance, drawing plenty of laughs and punctuated by the refrain that he was “jobless and homeless,” (the Moroccan-Israeli fashion designer) covered impressive ground, offering a flurry of succinct insights that both amused and provoked.’
- Happy International Women’s Day, Ladybrillers!
- My Worst Day in Business: Interview with ActOne Founder & CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd | WATCH
- My Worst Day in Business: Interview with Eddie Brown Founder of Brown Capital Management| WATCH
- My Worst Day in Business: Interview with Bishop TD Jakes, Potter’s House Founder | WATCH
- The Rock on How he Went From Being Evicted to Becoming the Highest Paid Actor in the World | WATCH
Founded in 2007, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication demystifying the image of Africans in the west through contemporary African fashion and celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora. Our coverage includes stories on capital, access to markets, expertise, hiring and retention, sales, marketing, and promotions.