Women in Economic Decision-making
How can gender gaps be closed at the highest levels of economic decision-making?
Dimensions to be addressed:
– Increasing female graduates in relevant fields
– Overcoming mid-career development hurdles
– Exploring potential of regulatory intervention
• Drew Gilpin Faust, President, Harvard University, USA
• Kevin Kelly, Chief Executive Officer, Heidrick & Struggles, USA
• Christine Lagarde, Managing Director, International Monetary Fund (IMF), Washington DC; World Economic Forum Foundation Board Member
• Lubna S. Olayan, Deputy Chairperson and Chief Executive Officer, Olayan Financing Company, Saudi Arabia
• Viviane Reding, Vice-President and Commissioner, Justice, Fundamental Rights and Citizenship, European Commission, Brussels
• Sheryl Sandberg, Chief Operating Officer and Member of the Board, Facebook, USA; Young Global Leader Alumnus
• Herminia Ibarra, The Cora Chaired Professor of Leadership and Learning and Professor of Organizational Behaviour, INSEAD, France; Global Agenda Council on Women’s Empowerment
• Laura D’Andrea Tyson, S. K. and Angela Chan Professor of Global Management, Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley, USA; Global Agenda Council on Women’s Empowerment
A running feature for 12 years on Ladybrille.com, The ‘Ladybrille Woman of the Month’ celebrates women in business and leadership, who empower themselves and others through their contributions and actions in their local and international communities. In 2014, the feature expanded to include a podcast show. If you would like to nominate a woman to be celebrated, please email [email protected].