Streetwear has always influenced luxury fashion, but never has it been fully embraced the way it is on global runways. For Spring/Summer 2019, South African streetwear brand Loxion Kulca brought that street grit, and creativity to close out the week long fashion extravaganza. Celebrating its 20th year in the fashion business, the design label entertained its audience with performances from hip-hop artist Reason and singer/songwriter Mapaputsi.
As the artists sand/rapped, the brand unveiled its captivating collection of wearable distinct styles with flashes of neon colors and mixes of matching printed pieces paired with Chuck Taylors. The collection reminded us how cool sneakers and a dress look when paired together. The audience cheered when Johannesburg style influencer guru Yasmin Furmie made an appearance on the catwalk.
A little more about the brand from their website:
“Loxion Kulca is a fashion streetwear brand born in the streets of Johannesburg & Soweto. The brand is inspired by South Africa’s vibrant cultural townships & urban cultures of Africa. It represents a liberated state of mind; identity, heritage, pride, survival and self-determination. It was named Loxion Kulca because of its foundation, the location culture of succeeding against all odds and creating opportunities for yourself.
What started as an informal business project in 1999, founded by Wandi Nzimande, Sechaba Mogale & Brian Abrahams, turned into a leisure wear brand, with a product range that consists of shoes, clothing, eyewear, headwear, electronics & bags.”
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Billionaire Robert F. Smith Promises to Pay Off Up to $40 Million in Student Loans for 2019 Moorehouse Graduates – Watch his Speech
- LADYBRILLE WOMAN QUOTE OF THE WEEK BY LISA NICHOLS
- LBW070: Meet Lucilla Booyzen, Founder of South African Fashion Week and Ladybrille Woman of the Month May 2019
- Recap: Arise Fashion Week 2019 Adds Pop Up Shops and Business Seminars to Prestigious Event
- LADYBRILLE WOMAN QUOTE OF THE WEEK BY CHEF TOYA BOUDY
Mbali Mashiane is an editorial intern at Ladybrille Magazine.