Day four of South Africa Fashion Week, on its 21st anniversary, saw a diversity hardly seen in global runways. Models were ethnically diverse with an array of African male models from around the continent walking the runway. Diversity was also seen with gender. In global western fashion industries, it is a rarity to find women designers designing for men. During South Africa Fashion Week, many women designers could be seen showcasing impeccable and well thought out menswear on Day four of the event.
Five fashion-forward brands to watch are Urban Outlaw 69, Bi Parel, BLVNK, Virtue SA and RoQ Men Africa.
Check out the collections that hit the runway below:
Inga Atelier (Handbag designer)
RoQ Men Africa
Photo description: Model walks the runway in RK Menswear design at SAFW A/W2019
Photo credit: Eunice Driver Photography
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- SAVE THE DATE (April 27, 2019): 16th Annual African Goodwill Awards, Los Angeles
- Ladybrille Woman Quote of the Week by Amabel Niba
- Call for Nominations: AWIEF 2019 Awards Celebrating Women Now Open!
- South African Fashion Week Announces Spring/Summer 2019 Luxury Collections Program!
- LBW068: Meet Farai Gundan, a Communications Expert, Forbes Contributor, & Ladybrille Woman of the Month March, 2019
Founded in 2007 by Fashion Model/Fashion & Entertainment Lawyer Ms. Uduak, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication demystifying the image of Africans in the west through contemporary African fashion and celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora. Our coverage includes stories on capital, access to markets, expertise, hiring and retention, sales, marketing, and promotions.