The final day of South Africa Fashion Week began with MINI Scouting Menswear winner, Kumkani Bespoke who showcased a collection called ‘The Urban Traveller’. He was followed by Esnoko’s eclectic mix of styles and fabrics, traditional vintage and urban funk.
The SAFW Autumn/Winter 19 season ended on a high note with the 20/20 future vision of the BAKUSASA Designer collections which means ‘future’ in isiZulu. Defining the future of local fashion is exactly what this new SAFW initiative sets out to do as seven promising new creatives are giving the opportunity to walk the talk. This season’s bright new talents include Bayanda Khathini, Sipho Mbuto, Ntando XV, Otiz Seflo, Zamaswazi, and NOTE Clothing.
Photo description: A model walks the runway in Zamaswazi
Photo credit: Eunice Driver Photography
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- SAVE THE DATE (April 27, 2019): 16th Annual African Goodwill Awards, Los Angeles
- Ladybrille Woman Quote of the Week by Amabel Niba
- Call for Nominations: AWIEF 2019 Awards Celebrating Women Now Open!
- South African Fashion Week Announces Spring/Summer 2019 Luxury Collections Program!
- LBW068: Meet Farai Gundan, a Communications Expert, Forbes Contributor, & Ladybrille Woman of the Month March, 2019
Founded in 2007 by Fashion Model/Fashion & Entertainment Lawyer Ms. Uduak, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication demystifying the image of Africans in the west through contemporary African fashion and celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora. Our coverage includes stories on capital, access to markets, expertise, hiring and retention, sales, marketing, and promotions.