The final day of South Africa Fashion Week began with MINI Scouting Menswear winner, Kumkani Bespoke who showcased a collection called ‘The Urban Traveller’. He was followed by Esnoko’s eclectic mix of styles and fabrics, traditional vintage and urban funk.
The SAFW Autumn/Winter 19 season ended on a high note with the 20/20 future vision of the BAKUSASA Designer collections which means ‘future’ in isiZulu. Defining the future of local fashion is exactly what this new SAFW initiative sets out to do as seven promising new creatives are giving the opportunity to walk the talk. This season’s bright new talents include Bayanda Khathini, Sipho Mbuto, Ntando XV, Otiz Seflo, Zamaswazi, and NOTE Clothing.
Photo description: A model walks the runway in Zamaswazi
Photo credit: Eunice Driver Photography
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Ladybrille Woman Quote of the Week by Patrice Juah
- Ladybrille Woman Quote of the Week by Lucilla Booyzen
- Meet Amina Hersi Moghe: One of Africa’s Most Successful Entrepreneurs
- Billionaire Robert F. Smith Promises to Pay Off Up to $40 Million in Student Loans for 2019 Moorehouse Graduates – Watch his Speech
- LADYBRILLE WOMAN QUOTE OF THE WEEK BY LISA NICHOLS
Founded in 2007 by Fashion Model/Fashion & Entertainment Lawyer Ms. Uduak, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication demystifying the image of Africans in the west through contemporary African fashion and celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora. Our coverage includes stories on capital, access to markets, expertise, hiring and retention, sales, marketing, and promotions.