“Ade Bakare established Ade Bakare Couture in 1991, having graduated from Manchester University College, Salford, England. He gained his initial couture experience at the fashion houses of Victor Edelstein and Christian Stambolian.
In the late 90s, he started selling his own collections twice a year (spring/summer and autumn/winter) to boutiques such as Chic of Hampstead, Adele Davis of Bond Street, Lucienne Phillips of Knightsbridge and Ambers of Amersham in various parts of England, Scotland and the Channel Islands.
Ade Bakare’s collection can be described as classic, with a touch of modernity, drawing influences from architecture and colour. He is celebrated for his unique, ultra feminine and luxurious organza sweep coats.
He is constantly invited to show his collections all over the world, such as Vienna in 1995, New York in 2004, Cape Town and Durban in 2005/6, Jamaica in 2006 and Sierra Leone in 2006 and is currently working as a costume designer for a film called A Place in the Stars.”
~Bio by Ade Bakare via AFI
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- SAVE THE DATE (April 27, 2019): 16th Annual African Goodwill Awards, Los Angeles
- Ladybrille Woman Quote of the Week by Amabel Niba
- Call for Nominations: AWIEF 2019 Awards Celebrating Women Now Open!
- South African Fashion Week Announces Spring/Summer 2019 Luxury Collections Program!
- LBW068: Meet Farai Gundan, a Communications Expert, Forbes Contributor, & Ladybrille Woman of the Month March, 2019
Founded in 2007 by Fashion Model/Fashion & Entertainment Lawyer Ms. Uduak, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication demystifying the image of Africans in the west through contemporary African fashion and celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora. Our coverage includes stories on capital, access to markets, expertise, hiring and retention, sales, marketing, and promotions.