Tasleem Bulbulia is an established South African designer that draws inspiration from all aspects of her life. Known for her exquisite bespoke pieces and intricate designs, Tasleem looks to redefine women’s fashion on her latest project.
She has showcased at various fashion weeks, Design Indaba and Durban July and been featured on Top Billing, Pasella, Eastern Mosaic and in major fashion publications.
Her latest venture Bulbulia Threads merges her love for fashion, culture, faith and community. Bulbulia Threads are modern, modest and meaningful. The brand aims to create a positive image of women in Hijab and looks to represent women across all cultures wanting to express themselves through elegant sophisticated designs.
Bulbulia Threads showcased its latest collection on Day 3 at African Fashion International (AFI) Johannesburg (Joburg) 2018 Fashion Week (#AFIJFW) Spring/Summer 2019. The AFI Joburg Fashion Week was held October 4th through 7th, 2018, with designer collections shown at the Melrose Arch on Melrose boulevard. Check out our top looks.
Photo credit: AFI
- Meet Lola Banjo, Strategic Innovation Executive and Ladybrille Woman of the Month, February 2019
- Watch Paris Fashion Week Haute Couture S/S 2019 Day 3 Shows: Valentino, Elie Saab, Zuhair Murad & More
- Watch Paris Fashion Week Haute Couture S/S 2019 Day 2 Shows: Chanel, Givenchy, Giorgio Armani Prive & More
- Watch Paris Fashion Week Haute Couture S/S 2019 Day 1 Shows: Christian Dior, Schiaparelli & More
- Meet Iman Al Touijri, Philanthropist & Ladybrille Woman of the Month January 2019
Founded in 2007 by Fashion Model/Fashion & Entertainment Lawyer Ms. Uduak, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication demystifying the image of Africans in the west through contemporary African fashion pharmacy Seroquel and celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora. Our coverage includes stories on capital, access to markets, expertise, hiring and retention, sales, marketing, and promotions.