Tasleem Bulbulia is an established South African designer that draws inspiration from all aspects of her life. Known for her exquisite bespoke pieces and intricate designs, Tasleem looks to redefine women’s fashion on her latest project.
She has showcased at various fashion weeks, Design Indaba and Durban July and been featured on Top Billing, Pasella, Eastern Mosaic and in major fashion publications.
Her latest venture Bulbulia Threads merges her love for fashion, culture, faith and community. Bulbulia Threads are modern, modest and meaningful. The brand aims to create a positive image of women in Hijab and looks to represent women across all cultures wanting to express themselves through elegant sophisticated designs.
Bulbulia Threads showcased its latest collection on Day 3 at African Fashion International (AFI) Johannesburg (Joburg) 2018 Fashion Week (#AFIJFW) Spring/Summer 2019. The AFI Joburg Fashion Week was held October 4th through 7th, 2018, with designer collections shown at the Melrose Arch on Melrose boulevard. Check out our top looks.
Photo credit: AFI
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- LBW070: Meet Lucilla Booyzen, Founder of South African Fashion Week and Ladybrille Woman of the Month May 2019
- Recap: Arise Fashion Week 2019 Adds Pop Up Shops and Business Seminars to Prestigious Event
- LADYBRILLE WOMAN QUOTE OF THE WEEK BY CHEF TOYA BOUDY
- Aliko Dangote: Africa’s Richest Man Worth Billions says he had to withdraw $10million to believe he was rich
- What is Blockchain? Ken Seiff and Peter Smith Break it Down for the Fashion Industry
Founded in 2007 by Fashion Model/Fashion & Entertainment Lawyer Ms. Uduak, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication demystifying the image of Africans in the west through contemporary African fashion and celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora. Our coverage includes stories on capital, access to markets, expertise, hiring and retention, sales, marketing, and promotions.