South Africa Fashion Week (SAFW) organizers held their 22nd edition of the prestigious fashion event from April 3-6, 2019 at Sandton City Mall. This season, Spring/Summer 2019, was all about showcasing “Luxury Collections”. We kick off our review of four spectacular days of fashion with designer Amanda Laird Cherry’s flows of draped silhouettes which made for an effortless statement look on day one of the event.
Cherry achieved this by paying courtesy to proportion and layering solid color palettes of white, beige, pink and blue hues, as well as striped fabric. The collection took a lot of thought in creating an avant-garde but yet minimalist collection with its most iconic archives. The united community of ladies were a reflection of togetherness through the twins and triplets references.
The collection took a fresh take on sustainable design with the use of fabrics that were 100% eco-conscious.
Courtesy photo SAFW
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Billionaire Robert F. Smith Promises to Pay Off Up to $40 Million in Student Loans for 2019 Moorehouse Graduates – Watch his Speech
- LADYBRILLE WOMAN QUOTE OF THE WEEK BY LISA NICHOLS
- LBW070: Meet Lucilla Booyzen, Founder of South African Fashion Week and Ladybrille Woman of the Month May 2019
- Recap: Arise Fashion Week 2019 Adds Pop Up Shops and Business Seminars to Prestigious Event
- LADYBRILLE WOMAN QUOTE OF THE WEEK BY CHEF TOYA BOUDY
Mbali Mashiane is an editorial intern at Ladybrille Magazine.