Mantsho by Palesa Mokubung is a brand known for proudly flying the South African flag and heritage on the continent, and globally. It is also one of the few successful black woman-owned design brands that thrives on reminding the brilliant woman to live her life to the fullest making bold, regal statements when she walks into a room.
For South Africa Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2019, designer Palesa stayed consistent with her iconic status. Her showed opened powerfully with gorgeous black models sashaying the runway way in flowing red silk kaftan dresses, and powerful statement accessories. Following the powerful entrance were models that sashayed in cascading ruffled skirts, vibrant full print skirts paired with solid yellow blouses, among other exciting designs, against the backdrop of dramatic suspense-filled music.
At the end of the show, the designer herself strutted in a black and white silk kaftan to warm applause from her audience.
It was definitely a collection worth being dramatic about. Relieve the collection below.
The designer showed her collection on the first day of South Africa Fashion Week held April 3-6th, 2019.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Billionaire Robert F. Smith Promises to Pay Off Up to $40 Million in Student Loans for 2019 Moorehouse Graduates – Watch his Speech
- LADYBRILLE WOMAN QUOTE OF THE WEEK BY LISA NICHOLS
- LBW070: Meet Lucilla Booyzen, Founder of South African Fashion Week and Ladybrille Woman of the Month May 2019
- Recap: Arise Fashion Week 2019 Adds Pop Up Shops and Business Seminars to Prestigious Event
- LADYBRILLE WOMAN QUOTE OF THE WEEK BY CHEF TOYA BOUDY
A running feature for 12 years on Ladybrille.com, The ‘Ladybrille Woman of the Month’ celebrates women in business and leadership, who empower themselves and others through their contributions and actions in their local and international communities. In 2014, the feature expanded to include a podcast show. If you would like to nominate a woman to be celebrated, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.