“French born designer, Yvonne Nwosu is the Creative Director behind the fashion line ‘VONNE’. Yvonne Nwosu was born on the 8th of August, 1983 in Paris, France. Her love for fashion began since she was young, making clothes for her miniature dolls. Her passion for clothes blossomed into something more when she decided she wanted to become a fashion designer. Vonne as she is fondly called in the fashion industry is known for her edgy and daring clothes and jackets. Her style is unique in every sense and true to her tag line : ‘invokes the daring goddess in every woman’.
Another unique aspect of Vonne’s fashion line is the use of Damask fabrics. Damasks is a word that comes from the word Damascus, a fabric which was sold in common 21st century market in Damascus. This unique use of Damask gives Vonne’s pieces a very timeless look.
Yvonne Nwosu has appeared in various publications and was recently nominated for “Best Designer” at the Future Awards 2011.”
-Photocredit: Kola Oshalusi/Insignia
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Billionaire Robert F. Smith Promises to Pay Off Up to $40 Million in Student Loans for 2019 Moorehouse Graduates – Watch his Speech
- LADYBRILLE WOMAN QUOTE OF THE WEEK BY LISA NICHOLS
- LBW070: Meet Lucilla Booyzen, Founder of South African Fashion Week and Ladybrille Woman of the Month May 2019
- Recap: Arise Fashion Week 2019 Adds Pop Up Shops and Business Seminars to Prestigious Event
- LADYBRILLE WOMAN QUOTE OF THE WEEK BY CHEF TOYA BOUDY
Founded in 2007 by Fashion Model/Fashion & Entertainment Lawyer Ms. Uduak, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication demystifying the image of Africans in the west through contemporary African fashion and celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora. Our coverage includes stories on capital, access to markets, expertise, hiring and retention, sales, marketing, and promotions.