“French born designer, Yvonne Nwosu is the Creative Director behind the fashion line ‘VONNE’. Yvonne Nwosu was born on the 8th of August, 1983 in Paris, France. Her love for fashion began since she was young, making clothes for her miniature dolls. Her passion for clothes blossomed into something more when she decided she wanted to become a fashion designer. Vonne as she is fondly called in the fashion industry is known for her edgy and daring clothes and jackets. Her style is unique in every sense and true to her tag line : ‘invokes the daring goddess in every woman’.
Another unique aspect of Vonne’s fashion line is the use of Damask fabrics. Damasks is a word that comes from the word Damascus, a fabric which was sold in common 21st century market in Damascus. This unique use of Damask gives Vonne’s pieces a very timeless look.
Yvonne Nwosu has appeared in various publications and was recently nominated for “Best Designer” at the Future Awards 2011.”
-Photocredit: Kola Oshalusi/Insignia
- Meet Lola Banjo, Strategic Innovation Executive and Ladybrille Woman of the Month, February 2019
- Watch Paris Fashion Week Haute Couture S/S 2019 Day 3 Shows: Valentino, Elie Saab, Zuhair Murad & More
- Watch Paris Fashion Week Haute Couture S/S 2019 Day 2 Shows: Chanel, Givenchy, Giorgio Armani Prive & More
- Watch Paris Fashion Week Haute Couture S/S 2019 Day 1 Shows: Christian Dior, Schiaparelli & More
- Meet Iman Al Touijri, Philanthropist & Ladybrille Woman of the Month January 2019
Founded in 2007 by Fashion Model/Fashion & Entertainment Lawyer Ms. Uduak, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication demystifying the image of Africans in the west through contemporary African fashion http://amlmag.co.nz/ and celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora. Our coverage includes stories on capital, access to markets, expertise, hiring and retention, sales, marketing, and promotions.