“Today there are almost a billion young women globally between the ages of 10 and 25. Many of them will have very little control over their lives. Millions will become child brides or teen mothers. One in three girls in developing countries is married before the age of 18. More still will be victims of rape or violence, often by intimate partners. Half of sexual assaults globally are committed against girls below the age of 16. With all the resources in the world why can’t we protect our girls and young women from this war on their bodies?”
Photocredit: AP Photo/Patrick Semansky.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Ladybrille Woman Quote of the Week by Patrice Juah
- Ladybrille Woman Quote of the Week by Lucilla Booyzen
- Meet Amina Hersi Moghe: One of Africa’s Most Successful Entrepreneurs
- Billionaire Robert F. Smith Promises to Pay Off Up to $40 Million in Student Loans for 2019 Moorehouse Graduates – Watch his Speech
- LADYBRILLE WOMAN QUOTE OF THE WEEK BY LISA NICHOLS
Founded in 2007 by Fashion Model/Fashion & Entertainment Lawyer Ms. Uduak, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication demystifying the image of Africans in the west through contemporary African fashion and celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora. Our coverage includes stories on capital, access to markets, expertise, hiring and retention, sales, marketing, and promotions.