Robert Frederick Smith is an American businessman, investor, and philanthropist who founded private equity firm Vista Equity partners in 2000. Vista is one of the best performing private equity firms globally, with over $46 billion in assets and posting 22% of annualized returns since it was established. In 2018, Forbes ranked Smith as the 163rd richest person in America.
Smith credits part of his success to his ability to create his own intellectual property, among other factors.
“Intellectual property, no one else can take that from you, if you manage it right. It is constantly evolving and it actually takes no capital.” – Robert F. Smith
Watch his interview below:
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Billionaire Robert F. Smith Promises to Pay Off Up to $40 Million in Student Loans for 2019 Moorehouse Graduates – Watch his Speech
- LADYBRILLE WOMAN QUOTE OF THE WEEK BY LISA NICHOLS
- LBW070: Meet Lucilla Booyzen, Founder of South African Fashion Week and Ladybrille Woman of the Month May 2019
- Recap: Arise Fashion Week 2019 Adds Pop Up Shops and Business Seminars to Prestigious Event
- LADYBRILLE WOMAN QUOTE OF THE WEEK BY CHEF TOYA BOUDY
Mbali Mashiane is an editorial intern at Ladybrille Magazine.