Kiki Kamanu, born to diplomatic parents, a Bostonian mother and Igbo father, is the face of her eponymous label which was birthed when she began revitalizing her twin sister’s clothes at age eleven. While with the Ford modeling agency in Boston, she had the honor of walking for several designers including Chanel, and Gucci.
Kiki received her education in the United States, France, and Nigeria and is at home in any culture, having traveled to over 50 international destinations in five continent (and counting). This is reflected in the diversity of her creations and is no surprise that she draws inspiration from myriad sources which are evident in her skillful blending of styles, textures, and fabrics from around the globe. – Sturdy cottons melt into elegant Thai silks while vibrant printed jerseys mold to perfect the feminine silhouette. Chiffons are creatively blended together with Italian leathers into wearable art whose intricate details are handcrafted by gifted artisans…
Photo Credit: Kola Oshalusi (Insigna)
Designer Website: http://www.kikikamanu.com
- Meet Lola Banjo, Strategic Innovation Executive and Ladybrille Woman of the Month, February 2019
- Watch Paris Fashion Week Haute Couture S/S 2019 Day 3 Shows: Valentino, Elie Saab, Zuhair Murad & More
- Watch Paris Fashion Week Haute Couture S/S 2019 Day 2 Shows: Chanel, Givenchy, Giorgio Armani Prive & More
- Watch Paris Fashion Week Haute Couture S/S 2019 Day 1 Shows: Christian Dior, Schiaparelli & More
- Meet Iman Al Touijri, Philanthropist & Ladybrille Woman of the Month January 2019
Founded in 2007 by Fashion Model/Fashion & Entertainment Lawyer Ms. Uduak, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication demystifying the image of Africans in the west through contemporary African fashion important source and celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora. Our coverage includes stories on capital, access to markets, expertise, hiring and retention, sales, marketing, and promotions.