Sophie Nzinga Sy, whose natural talent was developed while attending the prestigious design school, Parsons, has always been an avid art enthusiast. Senegalese born, she is constantly drawing inspiration from her travels and the fusion of the multiple cultures that have shaped her, from her African roots to her New York City education and entrepreneurial mindset.
She considers herself a citizen of the world and her designs are a distinctive blend of her artistic experiences and an eclectic cocktail of her voyages. Sophie’s design philosophy has remained to give the modern woman the key pieces to constantly reinvent her style while exuding confidence whether she is in a board meeting, attending a gala or traveling between New York and Lagos.
Photo Credit: Kola Oshalusi (Insigna)
Designer Website: http://www.sophiezinga.com
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Ladybrille Woman Quote of the Week by Patrice Juah
- Ladybrille Woman Quote of the Week by Lucilla Booyzen
- Meet Amina Hersi Moghe: One of Africa’s Most Successful Entrepreneurs
- Billionaire Robert F. Smith Promises to Pay Off Up to $40 Million in Student Loans for 2019 Moorehouse Graduates – Watch his Speech
- LADYBRILLE WOMAN QUOTE OF THE WEEK BY LISA NICHOLS
Founded in 2007 by Fashion Model/Fashion & Entertainment Lawyer Ms. Uduak, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication demystifying the image of Africans in the west through contemporary African fashion and celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora. Our coverage includes stories on capital, access to markets, expertise, hiring and retention, sales, marketing, and promotions.