Happy Friday! Paris Fashion week has been churning some beautiful designs. One designer we ‘heart’ is Christian Lacroix. Lacroix’s Spring/Summer 2008 pret-a -porter collections said in a very colorful way to the fashion world and ‘fashionistas’ globally, “you better work it with the West African head wrap!”
If you don’t have a head wrap, ask and head to your local African fabric store and tell them to hook you up! If you are wondering how to tie one of these head wraps, check out the video below. It’s not as difficult as it looks. Also, be sure to enjoy the video by Lagbaja called “Gele Skentele” which also shows you the awe and excitement that one of those West African head gears can generate, especially around the poor guys that have to be careful not to mess it up. It can be a challenge tying one of those things and being extra careful, especially at the big African parties. Have a brilliant, relaxing, safe and fun weekend
If you have never tied one of those West African head wraps, check out the intsructions below on how to do so and also see a song by Lagbaja for more ways to rock your head gear.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- LBW070: Meet Lucilla Booyzen, Founder of South African Fashion Week and Ladybrille Woman of the Month May 2019
- Recap: Arise Fashion Week 2019 Adds Pop Up Shops and Business Seminars to Prestigious Event
- LADYBRILLE WOMAN QUOTE OF THE WEEK BY CHEF TOYA BOUDY
- Aliko Dangote: Africa’s Richest Man Worth Billions says he had to withdraw $10million to believe he was rich
- What is Blockchain? Ken Seiff and Peter Smith Break it Down for the Fashion Industry
Founded in 2007 by Fashion Model/Fashion & Entertainment Lawyer Ms. Uduak, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication demystifying the image of Africans in the west through contemporary African fashion and celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora. Our coverage includes stories on capital, access to markets, expertise, hiring and retention, sales, marketing, and promotions.