Bola Atta, the recipient of many awards and recognitions for her numerous achievements in business and leadership on the African continent, is currently the Director for Marketing and Corporate Communications at the United Bank for Africa (UBA), overseeing 18 countries across the continent. Prior to UBA, and in 2001 while working for M-Net (Electronic Media Network) West Africa (as a Program Manager) she proposed to the network’s executives that a channel be dedicated solely to the broadcast of African movies – specifically Nollywood movies. Atta worked on the concept, development and programming of this channel which was successfully launched in 2003. Today, the channel ‘The Africa Magic’ is the most watched channel on the African continent. In 2004, Atta made a dent in the entertainment and media sector with her subsequent position as Editor-in-Chief for True Love West Africa Magazine, a first of its kind in West Africa. In 2005, her achievements and accomplishments earned her a position as director of one of the largest publishing conglomerates in Africa (Media24Nigeria).
She joins host Ms. Uduak on 31st episode of The Ladybrille Woman Show as the Magazine celebrates Atta as its Woman of the Month for November 2015.
- Bola Atta’s personal background.
- Her educational background.
- How she got into media industry.
- How she got into the entertainment industry.
- Starting her own Magazine and the challenges.
- Leaving her Magazine to work for M-NET.
- Developing ‘The Africa Magic’ channel.
- Starting and helming True Love Magazine.
- Her current position as Director of Communications for UBA.
- Tips and vision for women in business and leadership.
About the Ladybrille Woman Show
The LADYBRILLE WOMAN Show is the pioneer show celebrating the brilliant woman (Ladybrille) in business and leadership, across all industry sectors, across the globe. The show features inspiring interviews from these women and has a particular emphasis on African women in business and leadership. It also focuses on information on fashion, business, law and marketing and promotions strategies to further enhance the lives of these brilliant women and the men who support them.
Contact & Links
Feedback options: Please leave comments on this post or send to (email@example.com).
Sponsorship: (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)
Thank you for listening!
- Meet Iman Al Touijri, Philanthropist & Ladybrille Woman of the Month January 2019
- The #BringBackOurGirls Movement Launches 90 Day Campaign to Mark Anniversary of Abducted Chibok Girls
- 2019 Essence Black Women in Hollywood Awards
- How Ralph Lauren Built a Fashion Empire (Video)
- Nigerian Women March to End Sexual Harassment & Bullying in Local Markets #MarketMarchYaba (Photos & Videos)
A running feature for 11 years on Ladybrille.com, The ‘Ladybrille Woman of the Month’ celebrates women in business and leadership, who empower themselves and others through their contributions and actions in their local and international communities. In 2014, the feature expanded to include a podcast show. If you would like to nominate a woman to be celebrated, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.