Growing up in America as the daughter of Ghanaian immigrant parents, Eunice Cofie was bullied because of her dark skin resulting in a really damaged self-esteem. It wasn’t until her father introduced her to science that it shifted her thinking from the bullying of her peers. Today, Eunice, often noted as the modern-day, Madame C.J. Walker, is making great strides in the cosmetic and pharmaceutical industry. She is the President and Chief Cosmetic Chemist of Nuekie – an ethnic dermatology company. The company specializes in research and development of dermatological products for ethnic men and women.
Eunice is a graduate of Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University (FAMU) with a degree in chemistry/molecular biology. Her deep commitment to social causes worldwide has led her to make a positive impact across the globe, specifically in Ghana and the Philippines. While in college, Eunice spent her summers working in a village community in Ghana, West Africa implementing the Save a Million Lives HIV/AIDS Education and Prevention Program.
As the former Miss Black Florida USA, she spent a year promoting her platform Preventing Childhood Obesity and Diabetes through Education and Life Transforming Habits. She was able to contribute greatly to her community by inspiring young people to live healthy lifestyles.
Eunice has been featured in numerous prestigious publications. She was honored by the World Economic Forum as a 2012 Young Global Leader. Forbes.com named her as one of the “20 Youngest Power Women In Africa 2012”. She was also featured in Scientific American as “What a Scientist Looks Like” and has been featured as Profile of the Week in STEMinist. The Governor of Florida and the Florida Commission on the Status of Women recognized Eunice with the prestigious Florida Achievement Award for her commitment to improving the lives of women and families in her community. Eunice was named by the Tallahassee Democrat newspaper as one of the “25 Women You Need to Know in Tallahassee”.
Eunice is a sought-after speaker and has spoken at various conferences in the medical, beauty, science and technology industries.
- Eunice looks back on 2015.
- Eunice shares her personal background.
- Eunice shares how she discovered the sciences.
- Her journey into developing her interest in science.
- Building her career.
- Discovering entrepreneurship.
- Launching Nuekie.
- Her personal faith.
- Business philosophy and tips for entrepreneurs.
Where to Find Eunice Cofie
Where to Find Host Ms. Uduak
Contact & Links
Feedback options: Please leave comments on this post or send to (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thank you for listening
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Supermodel Iman on 6 Life Lessons From 40 Years in the Modeling Industry | WATCH
- The Talks at New York Fashion Week SS 2020: The New Face of Fashion, Breaking Tradition in Streetwear & More
- Uber’s CEO Dara Khosrowshahi Sees Path to Profitability Despite Bumps in the Road (Interview)
- My Worst Day in Business: Interview with Ric Lewis, CEO of Tristan Capital Partners (Video)
- How to Win at Life: Serena Williams Share Lessons From Tennis, Business, Motherhood & Fashion!
A running feature for 12 years on Ladybrille.com, The ‘Ladybrille Woman of the Month’ celebrates women in business and leadership, who empower themselves and others through their contributions and actions in their local and international communities. In 2014, the feature expanded to include a podcast show. If you would like to nominate a woman to be celebrated, please email email@example.com.