Afua Sam, a successful Washington, D.C. based Ghanaian designer has launched a new ready to wear line called ‘A’ Concept by Afua Sam. Sam who is currently the founder and creative director of the award winning couture design house, Studio D’Maxsi, explains her reasoning for the new ready-to-wear line.
“The idea has been lingering for a long time and I finally got the courage to pursue creating this new line without losing the identity of the already established brand, my very first baby, STUDIO D’MAXSI,” said Sam. “I decided to create a complete new brand to deliver the idea of ‘THE A CONCEPT BY AFUA SAM.”
The ‘A’ Concept is targeted at men and women who love stylish colorful garments at an affordable price. The brand also creates children clothing.
For more information visit www.theaconceptbyafuasam.com.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Ladybrille Woman Quote of the Week by Amabel Niba
- Call for Nominations: AWIEF 2019 Awards Celebrating Women Now Open!
- South African Fashion Week Announces Spring/Summer 2019 Luxury Collections Program!
- LBW068: Meet Farai Gundan, a Communications Expert, Forbes Contributor, & Ladybrille Woman of the Month March, 2019
- LBW 067: Meet Lola Banjo, Strategic Innovation Executive and Ladybrille Woman of the Month, February 2019
Founded in 2007 by Fashion Model/Fashion & Entertainment Lawyer Ms. Uduak, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication demystifying the image of Africans in the west through contemporary African fashion and celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora. Our coverage includes stories on capital, access to markets, expertise, hiring and retention, sales, marketing, and promotions.