Happy Valentine’s Day Ladybrillers! As the world celebrates this special love day, we thought to reflect the voice of the modern day woman who puts her career first. Cn you have it all? A successful career, then a family? Tinu, our Woman of the Month for February 2016, answers that question with an emphatic ‘yes!’
Tinu is a New York City-based successful singer-songwriter, designer, photographer, publisher and philanthropist, and also dabbles in the world of yoga and fitness gymnastics. Born in Brooklyn, New York, Tinu spent most of her formative years in Nigeria, West Africa. She attended Stern School of Business at New York University but also pursued a successful international modeling career. Her love of culture, aesthetics, sports and fashion created a passion for designing, which accompanied by a strong entrepreneurial spirit, led to the launch of her highly successful accessory collection. Her sense of style has been noted by Essence Magazine, New York Times and Vogue Magazine, to name a few. Shoe collecting ranks number one on her list of hobbies and traveling as a strong rival.
Tinu is the founder and president of Shoeholics Club™ and the mastermind behind the “movement” and the viral hit “Shoeholic” music video that made the term a pop culture and mainstream language. Tinu is the publisher, Editor-In-Chief and Creative Director of Shoeholics magazine, an international glossy print publication inspired by the hit music video for shoe lovers. Tinu as a publisher of the first shoe themed magazine to hit the newsstand in the world and in the process single-handedly launched a new category in the publishing world’s fashion segment.
She authored the international best selling book “The Shoeholic.”
Listen to her feature on The Ladybrille Woman Show and don’t forget to subscribe!
- Tinu’s personal background.
- Tinu’s successful music career.
- Getting on the Billboard chart.
- Her successful fashion modeling career.
- Her work as a publisher of Shoeholic Magazine.
- Deciding to have a child in her 30s.
- The Joys of motherhood.
Where to Find Tinu
Where to Find Host Ms. Uduak
Contact & Links
Feedback options: Please leave comments on this post or send to (email@example.com).
Thank you for listening
- Meet Iman Al Touijri, Philanthropist & Ladybrille Woman of the Month January 2019
- The #BringBackOurGirls Movement Launches 90 Day Campaign to Mark Anniversary of Abducted Chibok Girls
- 2019 Essence Black Women in Hollywood Awards
- How Ralph Lauren Built a Fashion Empire (Video)
- Nigerian Women March to End Sexual Harassment & Bullying in Local Markets #MarketMarchYaba (Photos & Videos)
A running feature for 11 years on Ladybrille.com, The ‘Ladybrille Woman of the Month’ celebrates women in business and leadership, who empower themselves and others through their contributions and actions in their local and international communities. In 2014, the feature expanded to include a podcast show. If you would like to nominate a woman to be celebrated, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.