It was all glitz and glamour at Scarlet Lodge in Victoria Island this past Saturday, when Netflix invited the influential and beautiful Lagos crowd to the official Red Carpet After Party, immediately following the premiere screening of “Beasts of No Nation” at Silverbird Galleria. Hosted by Idris Elba and Abraham Attah, the two lead actors, and Uzodinma Iweala, the Nigerian-American author of the book the film …
Juliet Ibrahim, one of Ladybrille Magazine’s most popular podcast radio guests, was simply a show stopper at the 2015 Africa Movie Academy Awards (AMAA 2015) held on Saturday, September 26th, 2015, in Port Elizabeth, South Africa. Dressed by Nigerian stylist Efe Tommy, the African actress wore a breathtakingly beautiful custom tailored floor length black gown …
Juliet Ibrahim who has been featured in an exclusive on Ladybrille is a beautiful “humanitarian celebrity” on the latest cover of BM Pro beauty. You can catch up with Ladybrille’s prior exclusive Interview with Juliet below and also check out what BM Pro team had to say about the cover below. [app_audio src=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/ladybrillewoman/LBW005JulietIbrahimAfricanWomanEntrepreneur.mp3″] “Actress, Singer, Producer, Compere, …
Actress, Philanthropist and Serial Entrepreneur Juliet Ibrahim on her Five Businesses, Steps to Launch Your Own Business, Acting, Divorce & more!
The Ladybrille African Woman Entrepreneur feature focuses on the African Woman in Business and the steps it took her to launch her business and make it successful. In this first installment of the feature on the Ladybrille Woman Podcast show, our special guest is actress, entrepreneur and philanthropist Juliet Ibrahim. The twenty eight year old shares the steps she took to launch her salon, modeling agency, retail store, and her production house. She also discusses her music, her work with her kidney foundation and how she launched the foundation. Finally, she opens up about her divorce from her husband, lessons learnt and provides tips for fellow African women in business. It is an interview you do not want to miss! Listen in and share!
BBES International:BBES international is a passport to other markets. BBES makes the connections needed to take brands and companies where they want to go.
Quick Preview of the Podcast
- Juliet shares her past on experiencing three wars. (09:18 mark)
- Her father as a role model entrepreneur.
- Wanting to be the most influential woman in Africa (16:17)
- Becoming a model . (17:27)
- Becoming an actress. (17:45)
- Finding her calling/cause and her work with Kidney cancer. (19:20)
- Her dream to set up dialysis center across Africa.
- Obesity, smoking, diabetes increasing the chances of Kidney cancer.
- Things she learned from watching her father operate his businesses.
- How unwanted sexual advances and harassment motivated her to launch her business.
- What it takes to launch a salon, modeling agency, foundation, retail store.
- Management issues.
- Work as a brand ambassador.
- Her divorce and its impact on her life. (48:00 mark)
- Tips for African Women Entrepreneurs (57:30 mark)
“My personal failure will be my marriage because I am divorced now… I got married at age 24. We were happy, young people in love but we really didn’t get a chance to really know ourselves. . . somewhere along the line, family members kept coming in saying “oh no, she’s an actress…” I will be there and people will be saying all kinds of stuff and sending him messages saying I am in another man’s car even though I was right there with him…” – Juliet Ibrahim
How to Get in Touch with Juliet
- Juliet Ibrahim Website
- Juliet Ibrahim Twitter
- Juliet is looking for qualified managers to work with. Listen to the podcast and send your resume to ([email protected]) if qualified.
Contact & Links
Feedback options: Please leave comments on this post or sen to ([email protected]).
Sponsorship: ([email protected])
Thank you for listening!