With menswear moving from out of the shadow of ladies wear, South Africa Fashion Week has realized the necessity of a menswear designer competition to support emerging menswear labels in their breakthrough into the fashion industry’s competitive market.
Delivering world class sophistication, the winner of the Scouting Menswear will receive mentorship and business support valued at R100 000 (over $7,000), which includes:
- Showcasing their Spring/Summer 2019 collection at SA Fashion Week [SAFW] in April 2019 and their Autumn/Winter 2020 collection at SAFW in October 2019.
- A stand at the SAFW Designer Pop Up Shop in August 2019 (budget dependent).
Media exposure in GQ South Africa.
- An all-expenses paid trip to Pitti Immagine Uomo in Florence, Italy, in June 2019.
“MINI has always been a brand for people who dare to do things differently, to stand out”– Thiloshini Moodally, Head of MINI South Africa.
For the second time, SAFW brings to you MINI Scouting Menswear in Association with GQ Magazine 2019, an opportunity for menswear designers to launch their brands and take their careers to the next level.
Photo description: Kumkani Bespoke – 2018 Menswear Designer
Photo credit: SAFW
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- LBW069: Meet Vickie Remoe, TV Producer, Writer & Ladybrille Woman of the Month April, 2019
- Review: Loxion Kulca at SA Fashion Week S/S 2019 (Day Four)
- Review: Ephymol at SA Fashion Week S/S 2019 (Day Four)
- Review: Keys Fashion at SA Fashion Week S/S 2019 (Day Three)
- Review: Isabel De Villiers at SA Fashion Week S/S 2019 (Day Two)
Founded in 2007 by Fashion Model/Fashion & Entertainment Lawyer Ms. Uduak, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication demystifying the image of Africans in the west through contemporary African fashion and celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora. Our coverage includes stories on capital, access to markets, expertise, hiring and retention, sales, marketing, and promotions.