Ladybrille Media Group, Inc. and LadybrilleNigeria are very proud of this aggressive initiative involving fashion, film and music industries and celebrities to Walk Against Rape. We hope you join us in supporting this cause and spreading the word.
Event Date: February 13th, 2010
Location: Police College, G.R.A. Ikeja Lagos
Celebrities Walk Against Rape Campaign is a special demonstration that will bring Nigerian Actors, Actresses, Sport Men, Media Practitioners, Musicians, DJs and Comedians to come together and lend a voice to sexually abused women in the society, taking them from a stage of self denial to self determination, self defeatism and under-achievement to self esteem and self achievement and showing their support to the course of bringing an abrupt end to RAPE in Nigeria where the number of rape cases is on the increase.
Entertainment Stars wield so much social power, they are prime influencers of lifestyle and they need to be sustained as behavioral and attitudinal change agents in the society, teachers of the right principles (such as W.A.R) for self accomplishment andadvocates of good behavior.
To reduce the soaring rate of sexual abuse and rape in our society, using entertainment stars as mentors and muse
To use “Walk Against Rape” as a tool to inform the society about the soaring scourge of sexual abuse especially as it relates to young girls and women in general.
To help in encouraging victims to speak out and reduce the stigmatization attached to the victims of sexual abuse and Rape.
OUR S.M.A.R.T GOALS (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time bound)
1. To help victims understand and know that rape is not the fault of the victim and they did nothing shameful
2. Learning to live with a sense of control over life, limb and body and re-learning to trust loved ones.
3. Resolving the symptoms of Post traumatic stress in order that there are no longer symptoms of: depression and self denial.
4. To take them from a level of self defeatism to self determination
To create vivid awareness for this dreadful menace that is eating up our society, we have planned to approach the issue using various publicity strategies, which are the following:
1. Celebrity Walk: This is a peace-walk or demonstration using entertainment and showbiz stars, sports men, media practitioners among other social icons as mentors and muse to create awareness for the sexually abused in the society
2. Television Promo/Commercial: We will be recording and airing series of Television Adverts to create awareness and to make people speak out if they are been sexually abused.
3. Posters/Handbills: We will be printing various posters and handbills to be distributed all over the country to sanitize people about the scourge of this societal problem.
4. Information Handbook: We plan to print information booklets that will contain vital information about sexual abuse and rape and which will be distributed all over Nigerian secondary schools, tertiary institutions and various youth centers absolutely FREE.
5. Movie: We will also be producing a movie (To be shot by MAINFRAME PICTURES) and create a storyline that will centre around sexual abuse and rape. The movie will be taking to secondary schools and higher institutions across the country and will be showed FREE.
6. Walk for me! – This allows celebrities/induviduals to nominate somebody to walk their behalf thereby paying him/her a relief fee for taking part in the demonstartion.
The walk will start by 7am at the point of departure / convergence (Lagos State Television) and end at the Ministry Of Women Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, Secretariat, Alausa – Ikeja where a speech will be delivered by the Coordinator – Esther Ijewere ( RAPE: its effects, consequences and the role of Government) by 11am, participants and celebrities will be given light menu at the point of convergence, take away packs, souveneirs, handbooks and other publicity materials at the point of destination
Non Government Organizations
Representatives from different Local Governments In Lagos State
Entertainment Stars (Musicians, Producers, Actors, Actresses, TV / Radio Presenters
Students Delegates From: (OOU, OAU, LASU, LASPOTECH AND UNILAG)
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Functionaries
The General Public.