South Africa Fashion Week (SAFW) Autumn/Winter 2019 held last month, kicked off with a womenswear collections of eight finalists of its New Talent Search. The initiative, which began as the New Designer Collections in 1998 has been the launchpad for rising stars. One such notable star is David Tlale who won the award in 2003 and is now one of South Africa’s recognized designers locally and abroad.
Watch the collection from the New Talent Search recipients.
Artclub and Friends
Photo credit: Eunice Driver Photography
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- SAVE THE DATE (April 27, 2019): 16th Annual African Goodwill Awards, Los Angeles
- Ladybrille Woman Quote of the Week by Amabel Niba
- Call for Nominations: AWIEF 2019 Awards Celebrating Women Now Open!
- South African Fashion Week Announces Spring/Summer 2019 Luxury Collections Program!
- LBW068: Meet Farai Gundan, a Communications Expert, Forbes Contributor, & Ladybrille Woman of the Month March, 2019
Founded in 2007 by Fashion Model/Fashion & Entertainment Lawyer Ms. Uduak, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication demystifying the image of Africans in the west through contemporary African fashion and celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora. Our coverage includes stories on capital, access to markets, expertise, hiring and retention, sales, marketing, and promotions.