“After winning South African ELLE’s New Talent award, along with a cash prize, Anisa Mpungwe had the opportunity to see her designs sold in Mr. Price. Next thing, the designer was showing at fashion week events around the world including Stockholm Fashion Week.
In the spring of 2010 she was part of a group of designers to show as the ARISE collective at New York’s Mercedes Benz Fashion Week.
Loin Cloth & Ashes was created to give women an alternative to the LBD. The range is focused mainly on dresses for the woman who dares to be different, who wants to look smart and casual (or both) but with a kick of quirk, maturity and sophistication. The label has a clear selection of dresses, skirts and jewellery that compliments the female persona.
Inspired by art, music, passion, shape and mood swings, Loin Cloth & Ashes loves a woman who is powerful and confident about both herself and the beauty she holds.
LCA also loves to play around with shapes and colours, from neutrals to brights, from natural fibres to 99% cottons. The brand features structured silhouettes, either loose or figure complementing. Minimalistic lines with detail and prints make constant appearances.”
Photocredit: Simon Deiner/SDR Photo
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Billionaire Robert F. Smith Promises to Pay Off Up to $40 Million in Student Loans for 2019 Moorehouse Graduates – Watch his Speech
- LADYBRILLE WOMAN QUOTE OF THE WEEK BY LISA NICHOLS
- LBW070: Meet Lucilla Booyzen, Founder of South African Fashion Week and Ladybrille Woman of the Month May 2019
- Recap: Arise Fashion Week 2019 Adds Pop Up Shops and Business Seminars to Prestigious Event
- LADYBRILLE WOMAN QUOTE OF THE WEEK BY CHEF TOYA BOUDY
Founded in 2007 by Fashion Model/Fashion & Entertainment Lawyer Ms. Uduak, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication demystifying the image of Africans in the west through contemporary African fashion and celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora. Our coverage includes stories on capital, access to markets, expertise, hiring and retention, sales, marketing, and promotions.