“Black Coal Clothing provides a selection of two subsidiary ranges. The main range focuses on highly-styled denim wear using high-end fabrics such as Tencel and lightweight denim with special treatments such as silk. The Diffusion Range, meanwhile, offers a denim wear range with an ethnic touch.
Sponsored by the Cape Town Fashion Council, Black Coal originally started showcasing in 2009 after which Woolworths sponsored the company as one of their Emerging Designers for 2010 and 2011 at the Design Indaba. Black Coal Clothing has also supplied the second largest online catalogue in France called 3Suises and has been featured in some of South Africa’s top fashion magazines.”
Courtesy photos: AFI, Simon Deiner/SDR Photo
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- LBW070: Meet Lucilla Booyzen, Founder of South African Fashion Week and Ladybrille Woman of the Month May 2019
- Recap: Arise Fashion Week 2019 Adds Pop Up Shops and Business Seminars to Prestigious Event
- LADYBRILLE WOMAN QUOTE OF THE WEEK BY CHEF TOYA BOUDY
- Aliko Dangote: Africa’s Richest Man Worth Billions says he had to withdraw $10million to believe he was rich
- What is Blockchain? Ken Seiff and Peter Smith Break it Down for the Fashion Industry
Founded in 2007 by Fashion Model/Fashion & Entertainment Lawyer Ms. Uduak, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication demystifying the image of Africans in the west through contemporary African fashion and celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora. Our coverage includes stories on capital, access to markets, expertise, hiring and retention, sales, marketing, and promotions.