What Does it Take Launch & Successfully Operate a Niche Magazine? Our Ladybrille Woman of the Month for September, Amabel Niba sheds light on what it takes to launch and successfully operate a niche magazine. The Ladybrille ‘Woman of the Month’ is a monthly feature on the magazine’s podcast show ‘Ladybrille Woman Podcast Show and website, that celebrates outstanding women, locally and internationally, for their brilliant contributions to society.
Amabel Niba is a motivational speaker, wife, mother, founder and Editor-in-Chief of Los Angeles based African Vibes Magazine. She earned her Bachelors’ degree in Business Information Systems at Devry College and her MBA at Keller Graduate School, both in Long Beach, California; and was a recipient of a Stanford University Fellowship where she studied Publishing.
BBES International:BBES international is a passport to other markets. BBES makes the connections needed to take brands and companies where they want to go.
Quick Preview of the Podcast
- How the idea for African Vibes Magazine (AVM) was born.
- Amabel’s research into the publishing industry.
- Reaching out to the publishing industry heavy weights.
- The rejections.
- Determined and figuring how to publish AVM.
- Financing AVM.
- Operational costs and reality of running a publishing business.
- Obtaining sponsorship and advertising.
- The success of African Vibes Magazine.
- Brand expansion to ‘I Wear African.’
- Personal challenge and juggling family and business.
- The breakdown.
- Becoming a mommy.
- Getting back up.
- Tips for hopeful publishers and women entrepreneurs.
Links Mentioned in the Podcast
Contact & Links
Feedback options: Please leave comments on this post or sen to (email@example.com).
Thank you for listening!