It is that time of the year when we begin looking for persons to add to the Ladybrille team. Please see what we are looking for and respond accordingly. We will contact you if you are a fit for us.
Ladybrille Magazine is looking for mature, honest, hardworking interns and contributors to join our team. NOTE: For guest contributors, we do not have a job description listed below. If you are interested in a guest contributor role, please email ([email protected]) and indicate “guest contributor” in the subject line. We will follow up if interested.
What We Want From Our Interns
Ladybrille magazine is looking for interns to join our growing and dynamic company. Our interns are fully involved learning both entrepreneur skills and various aspects of the online publishing business. We are looking for YOU if you have a GREAT attitude, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, are reliable, pay careful attention to details, intelligent, quick learner, creative, motivated, organized, a self-starter, a strong communicator and know how to take directions well. For our editorial interns, you must have exceptional writing and editing skills and sharp analytical reasoning. Only interns from accredited fashion, marketing and business college programs will be considered.
Basic competencies: Must have knowledge of general Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point.
Duration of Internship: 3 months
Compensation: Unpaid, work study/credit towards your degree.
Hours required: Minimum 15 hours per week required.
Telecommute: 99% of Job is telecommuting.
Duties described below are illustrative and could include more:
EDITORIAL INTERN DESCRIPTION
* Research story leads and facts on the internet
* Write articles
* Review editorial submissions and correspondences
To apply, send a resume, cover letter, and 2 references to [email protected] with “Ladybrille Internship” in the subject line.
What We Want From Contributors
We are quick to let you go where it becomes clear you joined to advance your own personal agenda i.e. your publicity. Please be sure you have a genuine interest in our brand before you apply. Don’t waste our time or yours.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US
* You are a part of respected brand
* You are paid
* You get to attend events, including high profile ones, on our behalf.
* You have a rare and unique opportunity to receive and complete assignments which include interviews of some of the world’s most popular personalities; an opportunity many at major publications in the USA do not have.
* Your work is published to a highly influential readership base consisting of movers and shakers around the globe.
* Fashion (The trendy side BUT also an actual understanding of the language of fashion: nature, materials (texture, fabric, colors, movement), business and retail.
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU
* A clear study, genuine interest, care and understanding of our brand. We have no desire to work with anyone that “just wants to write articles” or “get exposure” through us.
* A commitment to grow our brand and push our pan-African coverage of African fashion and entertainment to the Western masses.
* A love and/or true appreciation for Africa
* A fun BUT professional disposition, a MUST
* Ability to meet deadlines, a MUST
* Excellent writing and attention to details, a MUST
* Your resume with references included, a MUST
* Sample published works
If you meet the above please send your cover letter and CV with 2 references to ([email protected]). We will only contact you, if interested.
Founded in 2007, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication demystifying the image of Africans in the west through contemporary African fashion and celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora. Our coverage includes stories on capital, access to markets, expertise, hiring and retention, sales, marketing, and promotions.