“My parents completely forgot to tell me, “you are a woman, and you are not good enough, you are not as good as a man.” ~Jumoke Adenowo
Renowned Nigerian architect, entrepreneur and philanthropist Jumoke Adenowo makes an appearance on The King Women Show by Kemi Adetina and it is punchline fest, packed with thought provoking quotes as she shares her journey of privilege yet marked with trauma, the epiphany she was a woman and was not expected to succeed the way she had. She takes on the ideologies of the Nigerian society that need to be re-examined and even adjusted.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- The Talks at New York Fashion Week SS 2020: The New Face of Fashion, Breaking Tradition in Streetwear & More
- Uber’s CEO Dara Khosrowshahi Sees Path to Profitability Despite Bumps in the Road (Interview)
- My Worst Day in Business: Interview with Ric Lewis, CEO of Tristan Capital Partners (Video)
- How to Win at Life: Serena Williams Share Lessons From Tennis, Business, Motherhood & Fashion!
- Ladybrille Woman Quote of the Week by Patrice Juah
Founded in 2007 by Fashion Model/Fashion & Entertainment Lawyer Ms. Uduak, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication demystifying the image of Africans in the west through contemporary African fashion and celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora. Our coverage includes stories on capital, access to markets, expertise, hiring and retention, sales, marketing, and promotions.