Research professor and best-selling author Dr.Brene Brown’s luncheon keynote speech had to be one of the top highlights at the just concluded Lead On Silicon Valley Conference for Women hosted by Watermark, a leading organization of executive women in the San Francisco Bay Area.
In a room full of five thousand women-and men, a the Santa Clara Convention Center, Dr. Brown shared the aftermath and impact on her personal life following her successful Tedx talk ‘The Power of Vulnerability.’ She concluded that the best way to live life was to own your story, “integrate” all of your identities and understand that the voices of your critics do not count. Enjoy my tweets from the event below:
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- The Talks at New York Fashion Week SS 2020: The New Face of Fashion, Breaking Tradition in Streetwear & More
- Uber’s CEO Dara Khosrowshahi Sees Path to Profitability Despite Bumps in the Road (Interview)
- My Worst Day in Business: Interview with Ric Lewis, CEO of Tristan Capital Partners (Video)
- How to Win at Life: Serena Williams Share Lessons From Tennis, Business, Motherhood & Fashion!
- Ladybrille Woman Quote of the Week by Patrice Juah
Founded in 2007 by Fashion Model/Fashion & Entertainment Lawyer Ms. Uduak, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication demystifying the image of Africans in the west through contemporary African fashion and celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora. Our coverage includes stories on capital, access to markets, expertise, hiring and retention, sales, marketing, and promotions.