Diane von Furstenberg, an author, successful fashion entrepreneur, and current president of the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA), was one of the main opening keynotes at the inaugural LeadOn: Watermark Silicon Valley Conference held at the Santa Clara Convention Center in San Jose.
Furstenberg shared her story of her first entrance into the world of fashion, her highs and lows as a business owner, introducing her wrap dress and learning to appreciate the value her signature wrap dress brought to her professionally and personally.
4 key highlights from her speech.
1. What matters most is that you stay true to yourself.
2. Life is a journey filled with challenges. You may look at the woman across the room and it looks like she is so successful but it is not necessarily always true. Learn to appreciate your journey.
3. Honesty is the most important thing because if you are honest, you are at least true to yourself.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Ladybrille Woman Quote of the Week by Patrice Juah
- Ladybrille Woman Quote of the Week by Lucilla Booyzen
- Meet Amina Hersi Moghe: One of Africa’s Most Successful Entrepreneurs
- Billionaire Robert F. Smith Promises to Pay Off Up to $40 Million in Student Loans for 2019 Moorehouse Graduates – Watch his Speech
- LADYBRILLE WOMAN QUOTE OF THE WEEK BY LISA NICHOLS
Ms. Uduak is best known as an advocate who uses the tools of media and the law to help creatives and businesses clearly articulate their true brand identities, and communicate it to the world through their products and services, to maximize profits. She is a lawyer, speaker, author, journalist, and recognized thought leader, and trailblazer for her work on Africa’s emerging global fashion and entertainment markets, and the niche practice of fashion law in the United States. She is also the founder and publisher of Ladybrille® Magazine, and an Attorney and Partner at Ebitu Law Group, P.C, where her practice focuses on Fashion, Business, & Entertainment Law and Trials. For more information about her, visit www.msuduak.com.