In the last quarter of 2016, Nigerian-American author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie was an invited guest to the Netherlands to share her view on feminism. The event took place at Library of Atria and was live streamed.
Adichie’s book ‘We should all be feminists’ has been translated to Dutch: “Wij moeten allemaal feminist zijn.”
During the discussion, she discusses the fact that America tends to thrust an identity on you and expects you to accept it. She also shares why feminism matters to her.
Watch her discussion
- Meet Iman Al Touijri, Philanthropist & Ladybrille Woman of the Month January 2019
- The #BringBackOurGirls Movement Launches 90 Day Campaign to Mark Anniversary of Abducted Chibok Girls
- 2019 Essence Black Women in Hollywood Awards
- How Ralph Lauren Built a Fashion Empire (Video)
- Nigerian Women March to End Sexual Harassment & Bullying in Local Markets #MarketMarchYaba (Photos & Videos)
Founded in 2007 by Fashion Model/Fashion & Entertainment Lawyer Ms. Uduak, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication demystifying the image of Africans in the west through contemporary African fashion and celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora. Our coverage includes stories on capital, access to markets, expertise, hiring and retention, sales, marketing, and promotions.