In the last quarter of 2016, Nigerian-American author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie was an invited guest to the Netherlands to share her view on feminism. The event took place at Library of Atria and was live streamed.
Adichie’s book ‘We should all be feminists’ has been translated to Dutch: “Wij moeten allemaal feminist zijn.”
During the discussion, she discusses the fact that America tends to thrust an identity on you and expects you to accept it. She also shares why feminism matters to her.
Watch her discussion
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Ladybrille Woman Quote of the Week by Amabel Niba
- Call for Nominations: AWIEF 2019 Awards Celebrating Women Now Open!
- South African Fashion Week Announces Spring/Summer 2019 Luxury Collections Program!
- LBW068: Meet Farai Gundan, a Communications Expert, Forbes Contributor, & Ladybrille Woman of the Month March, 2019
- LBW 067: Meet Lola Banjo, Strategic Innovation Executive and Ladybrille Woman of the Month, February 2019
Founded in 2007 by Fashion Model/Fashion & Entertainment Lawyer Ms. Uduak, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication demystifying the image of Africans in the west through contemporary African fashion and celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora. Our coverage includes stories on capital, access to markets, expertise, hiring and retention, sales, marketing, and promotions.