In the last quarter of 2016, Nigerian-American author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie was an invited guest to the Netherlands to share her view on feminism. The event took place at Library of Atria and was live streamed.
Adichie’s book ‘We should all be feminists’ has been translated to Dutch: “Wij moeten allemaal feminist zijn.”
During the discussion, she discusses the fact that America tends to thrust an identity on you and expects you to accept it. She also shares why feminism matters to her.
Watch her discussion
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Ladybrille Woman Quote of the Week by Patrice Juah
- Ladybrille Woman Quote of the Week by Lucilla Booyzen
- Meet Amina Hersi Moghe: One of Africa’s Most Successful Entrepreneurs
- Billionaire Robert F. Smith Promises to Pay Off Up to $40 Million in Student Loans for 2019 Moorehouse Graduates – Watch his Speech
- LADYBRILLE WOMAN QUOTE OF THE WEEK BY LISA NICHOLS
Founded in 2007 by Fashion Model/Fashion & Entertainment Lawyer Ms. Uduak, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication demystifying the image of Africans in the west through contemporary African fashion and celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora. Our coverage includes stories on capital, access to markets, expertise, hiring and retention, sales, marketing, and promotions.