If Alexander Amosu can do it, you can too. Amosu is a young entrepreneur who turned a hard knock life into a success story. He remains at the forefront of mobile technology entertainment and his achievements are highly impressive. A sample of accomplishments from his resume listed on his website includes:
- At the age of 12 earned £10 a week doing paper round
- Started his first business at age 15 holding school football, basket ball and table tournaments.
- Started Promotion, a Sound system and PA hire company hosting and playing at house parties and nights clubs called Shadow King Crew, earning £250 per show.
- Promoted 37 parties in total averaging £2,000 per night
- Started a cleaning company called HomeCare Cleaning Agency at age 19 turning over £4,000 p/m with a total of 12 clients
- The first person to start urban ringtones in Europe at age 24 after he sold his cleaning company.
- Made his first million at the age 25
- At the age of 26 started his own magazine called ICON
- Started a new company selling off line mobile phones
- Holds five wards starting from “Entrepreneur of the year award”
- Created the first ringtones book and software Polywap 2.1 that allows you to send ringtones around the world from your PC.
- Had (his) first TV show at 28 called Rich & Famous
- Started inspirational speaking at schools, colleges and business seminars
- The first to start the world first mobile video community site Mobsvideo.com, here you can upload, download and share content.
- Launched Mobsworld 2005, mobile playground for your phone
- Partner and Investor in Screen Nation Awards, the first Black film and television awards in the UK
Impressed ? Watch his interview with CNN to be even more inspired plus enjoy his homecoming video to Nigeria.
ALEX IN NIGERIA
Founded in 2007, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication demystifying the image of Africans in the west through contemporary African fashion and celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora. Our coverage includes stories on capital, access to markets, expertise, hiring and retention, sales, marketing, and promotions.