“With exclusive behind-the-scenes access filmmakers Nick Francis and Marc Francis follow Joyce Banda, Malawi’s first female president, as she tries to steer her country out of an economic crisis. Undaunted by the challenge, claiming ‘all African women carry heavy loads’, Banda, an award-winning gender activist, says she is keen to encourage people to speak freely and wants, by the end of her term, the Malawian people to be living better lives.
Produced in association with The Guardian and supported by WorldView.
A Speakit Films Production”
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- SAVE THE DATE (April 27, 2019): 16th Annual African Goodwill Awards, Los Angeles
- Ladybrille Woman Quote of the Week by Amabel Niba
- Call for Nominations: AWIEF 2019 Awards Celebrating Women Now Open!
- South African Fashion Week Announces Spring/Summer 2019 Luxury Collections Program!
- LBW068: Meet Farai Gundan, a Communications Expert, Forbes Contributor, & Ladybrille Woman of the Month March, 2019
Founded in 2007 by Fashion Model/Fashion & Entertainment Lawyer Ms. Uduak, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication demystifying the image of Africans in the west through contemporary African fashion and celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora. Our coverage includes stories on capital, access to markets, expertise, hiring and retention, sales, marketing, and promotions.