“With exclusive behind-the-scenes access filmmakers Nick Francis and Marc Francis follow Joyce Banda, Malawi’s first female president, as she tries to steer her country out of an economic crisis. Undaunted by the challenge, claiming ‘all African women carry heavy loads’, Banda, an award-winning gender activist, says she is keen to encourage people to speak freely and wants, by the end of her term, the Malawian people to be living better lives.
Produced in association with The Guardian and supported by WorldView.
A Speakit Films Production”
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- LBW070: Meet Lucilla Booyzen, Founder of South African Fashion Week and Ladybrille Woman of the Month May 2019
- Recap: Arise Fashion Week 2019 Adds Pop Up Shops and Business Seminars to Prestigious Event
- LADYBRILLE WOMAN QUOTE OF THE WEEK BY CHEF TOYA BOUDY
- Aliko Dangote: Africa’s Richest Man Worth Billions says he had to withdraw $10million to believe he was rich
- What is Blockchain? Ken Seiff and Peter Smith Break it Down for the Fashion Industry
Founded in 2007 by Fashion Model/Fashion & Entertainment Lawyer Ms. Uduak, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication demystifying the image of Africans in the west through contemporary African fashion and celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora. Our coverage includes stories on capital, access to markets, expertise, hiring and retention, sales, marketing, and promotions.