“The Music Of Black Origin (MOBO) Awards, established in 1996 by Kanya King MBE are held annually in the United Kingdom to recognise artists of any race or nationality performing black music.
Having been held in London since their debut in 1996, the Awards show has gone on tour in an effort to celebrate the popularity of MOBO music throughout the UK. In 2009 the Awards took place in Glasgow, Scotland. The event proved to be one of the biggest and most successful in MOBO history. . .”
Other African nominees include Cheikh Lo, Fatoumata Diawara, Liquideep Owiny and Farka Toure.
Go here to VOTE your favorite.
- Meet Iman Al Touijri, Philanthropist & Ladybrille Woman of the Month January 2019
- The #BringBackOurGirls Movement Launches 90 Day Campaign to Mark Anniversary of Abducted Chibok Girls
- 2019 Essence Black Women in Hollywood Awards
- How Ralph Lauren Built a Fashion Empire (Video)
- Nigerian Women March to End Sexual Harassment & Bullying in Local Markets #MarketMarchYaba (Photos & Videos)
Founded in 2007 by Fashion Model/Fashion & Entertainment Lawyer Ms. Uduak, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication demystifying the image of Africans in the west through contemporary African fashion and celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora. Our coverage includes stories on capital, access to markets, expertise, hiring and retention, sales, marketing, and promotions.