“The Music Of Black Origin (MOBO) Awards, established in 1996 by Kanya King MBE are held annually in the United Kingdom to recognise artists of any race or nationality performing black music.
Having been held in London since their debut in 1996, the Awards show has gone on tour in an effort to celebrate the popularity of MOBO music throughout the UK. In 2009 the Awards took place in Glasgow, Scotland. The event proved to be one of the biggest and most successful in MOBO history. . .”
Other African nominees include Cheikh Lo, Fatoumata Diawara, Liquideep Owiny and Farka Toure.
Go here to VOTE your favorite.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Ladybrille Woman Quote of the Week by Patrice Juah
- Ladybrille Woman Quote of the Week by Lucilla Booyzen
- Meet Amina Hersi Moghe: One of Africa’s Most Successful Entrepreneurs
- Billionaire Robert F. Smith Promises to Pay Off Up to $40 Million in Student Loans for 2019 Moorehouse Graduates – Watch his Speech
- LADYBRILLE WOMAN QUOTE OF THE WEEK BY LISA NICHOLS
Founded in 2007 by Fashion Model/Fashion & Entertainment Lawyer Ms. Uduak, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication demystifying the image of Africans in the west through contemporary African fashion and celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora. Our coverage includes stories on capital, access to markets, expertise, hiring and retention, sales, marketing, and promotions.