Who would have “tonk” it that the pinafore uniforms common in primary and secondary schools across Nigeria, for decades now, will serve as an inspiration for fashion design brand Jess Stefanie? For Spring/Summer 2013, the designer showed a collection that made reference to the nolstagic and exciting times in primary and secondary schools. While that was exciting, what was lacking was a strong ownership of the concept to create designs that were a little more innovative.
We would like to see Jess Stefanie explore the Pinafore concept a bit more and push for more interesting interpretations that embody the sophistication fitting for the modern fashion forward Nigerian woman.
Photocredit: Kola Oshalusi/Insignaonline.com
- Meet Lola Banjo, Strategic Innovation Executive and Ladybrille Woman of the Month, February 2019
- Watch Paris Fashion Week Haute Couture S/S 2019 Day 3 Shows: Valentino, Elie Saab, Zuhair Murad & More
- Watch Paris Fashion Week Haute Couture S/S 2019 Day 2 Shows: Chanel, Givenchy, Giorgio Armani Prive & More
- Watch Paris Fashion Week Haute Couture S/S 2019 Day 1 Shows: Christian Dior, Schiaparelli & More
- Meet Iman Al Touijri, Philanthropist & Ladybrille Woman of the Month January 2019
Founded in 2007 by Fashion Model/Fashion & Entertainment Lawyer Ms. Uduak, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication demystifying the image of Africans in the west through contemporary African fashion try this website and celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora. Our coverage includes stories on capital, access to markets, expertise, hiring and retention, sales, marketing, and promotions.