Stiaan Louw’s sixth and most defining collection yet, aptly titled ‘6’ interrogates our perceptions of what is an African aesthetic? Africa is the cradle of mankind and Stiaan draws inspiration from varied ethnic cultures, subtly fusing Masai, Middle Eastern, Indian and ancient Greek elements to create garments reminiscent of the Mesopotamian ideal.
The collection displays the juxtaposition between wrapping, draping and structure as well as the synthesis of colonial and nomadic styles. . . Collection ‘6’ artistically exhibits an atypical understanding of African Design. Drawing from his heritage and vast research, Stiaan Louw bridges the gap between the Afro and Euro-centric fashion void.
Simon Deiner/SDR Photo
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Ladybrille Woman Quote of the Week by Patrice Juah
- Ladybrille Woman Quote of the Week by Lucilla Booyzen
- Meet Amina Hersi Moghe: One of Africa’s Most Successful Entrepreneurs
- Billionaire Robert F. Smith Promises to Pay Off Up to $40 Million in Student Loans for 2019 Moorehouse Graduates – Watch his Speech
- LADYBRILLE WOMAN QUOTE OF THE WEEK BY LISA NICHOLS
Founded in 2007 by Fashion Model/Fashion & Entertainment Lawyer Ms. Uduak, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication demystifying the image of Africans in the west through contemporary African fashion and celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora. Our coverage includes stories on capital, access to markets, expertise, hiring and retention, sales, marketing, and promotions.