iROKO chief executive, Jason Njoku is the Y!/YNaija.com Person of the Year 2013, beats Aliko Dangote, Mike Adenuga, Akinwunmi Adesina & Sim Shagaya to get the prize
The editors of Y! – TV, Magazine & Online – today announced the Y!/YNaija.com Person of the Year 2013 – founder and chief executive of iROKO, Jason Chukwuma Njoku.
The Y!/YNaija.com Person of the Year is in its third year and is awarded this year to the individual who has most visibly influenced the Nigerian society for good in the past year, breaking new boundaries or consolidating on gains – and driving the advancement of the public, especially young people. The editors announced there was no winner for its first edition in 2011. The 2012 winner was entrepreneur and Africa’s richest man, Aliko Dangote.
Nominees for 2013 were Aliko Dangote, Tony O. Elumelu, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Obiageli Ezekwesili, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Mike Adenuga, Sim Shagaya, Akinwunmi Adesina and Omobola Johnson. There is no award ceremony for the Y!/YNaija.com Person of the Year 2013.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- SAVE THE DATE (April 27, 2019): 16th Annual African Goodwill Awards, Los Angeles
- Ladybrille Woman Quote of the Week by Amabel Niba
- Call for Nominations: AWIEF 2019 Awards Celebrating Women Now Open!
- South African Fashion Week Announces Spring/Summer 2019 Luxury Collections Program!
- LBW068: Meet Farai Gundan, a Communications Expert, Forbes Contributor, & Ladybrille Woman of the Month March, 2019
Founded in 2007 by Fashion Model/Fashion & Entertainment Lawyer Ms. Uduak, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication demystifying the image of Africans in the west through contemporary African fashion and celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora. Our coverage includes stories on capital, access to markets, expertise, hiring and retention, sales, marketing, and promotions.