Africa is not a country, it’s a continent and if you are a Ladybrille woman or man, you already know this. However, for those who may not know, design brand Innocente Messy drives home the point with its latest collection titled ‘Africa is not a country.’
Here is how the brand explains the inspiration behind its latest collection:
“Celebrating Africa and all her components, the collection takes a powerful stand of unity to remind the world that AFRICA IS NOT A COUNTRY … it’s a CONTINENT.
With a total number of 54 countries, over 3,000 tribes and 2,000 languages spoken, Africa has a multitude of cultures and traditions and many facets. AFRICA IS NOT A COUNTRY explores this in a fun, bright and edgy ready to wear collection with a hint of sporty chic, through a red and black sequin fabric giving the collection an alluring sparkle. Digitally designed and printed with 54 of Africa’s flags plus the African Continent using a hand-woven appliqué technique, the collection features the continent’s most powerful and unifying image beautifully placed on each piece.”
Take a look and explore the collection at www.innocentemessy.com.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Billionaire Robert F. Smith Promises to Pay Off Up to $40 Million in Student Loans for 2019 Moorehouse Graduates – Watch his Speech
- LADYBRILLE WOMAN QUOTE OF THE WEEK BY LISA NICHOLS
- LBW070: Meet Lucilla Booyzen, Founder of South African Fashion Week and Ladybrille Woman of the Month May 2019
- Recap: Arise Fashion Week 2019 Adds Pop Up Shops and Business Seminars to Prestigious Event
- LADYBRILLE WOMAN QUOTE OF THE WEEK BY CHEF TOYA BOUDY
Founded in 2007 by Fashion Model/Fashion & Entertainment Lawyer Ms. Uduak, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication demystifying the image of Africans in the west through contemporary African fashion and celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora. Our coverage includes stories on capital, access to markets, expertise, hiring and retention, sales, marketing, and promotions.