FASHION LIVES DOWNTOWN KICKS OFF WITH FASHION’S NIGHT OUT THE MEATPACKING DISTRICT PRESENTS OVER FIFTY HIGH-PROFILE EVENTS HOSTED BY NEW YORK’S BEST RETAILERS
WHO: Selma Blair, Christina Ricci, Kelly Rowland, Sean Lennon, Robin Thicke, Charlotte Kemp Muhl, Helena Christensen, Miike Snow, DJ Cassidy, Ali Hewson, Harley Viera Newton, Mia Morretti and more.
WHAT: Fashions Night Out in the Meatpacking District, which we have sub-named—Fashion Lives Downtown is a series of events and cocktail parties, open to the public, featuring special appearances by celebrities,
editors, fashion experts, in-store events and special offers at over 50 retail destinations throughout the Meatpacking District. The event is presented by Moët Hennessey USA. Here are some of the major highlights:
* Theory: Debut of Theory Fashion Insider: The Remix, featuring a live DJ set by Andrew Wyatt, a founding member and the lead vocalist of Swedish/American trio Miike Snow, and a video “mash up” by artist Philip Ashley. Theory Fashion Insider stylists will also be on hand to remix shoppers’ fall looks.
* Stella McCartney: Selma Blair hosts the evening’s festivities that features an exhibition of Helena Christensen’s work to benefit the Chernobyl Children’s Project International.
* Hugo Boss: Grammy award winning artist, Robin Thicke will perform an acoustic set.
* Moschino: Singer, Kelly Rowland hosts Moschino’s fantasy world of surrealism where guests will be photographed in a giant handbag.
* Crangi Family Project: Philip Crangi and Costello Tagliapietra shucking oysters.
* Tory Burch: DJ Cassidy to spin and Shake Shack on the BBQ.
* Diane von Furstenberg: Hosted by Refinery29, the DvF and HP Experience Lounge features cutting-edge fashion installations and a photo booth.
* Helmut Lang: Explore the world of Helmut Lang with Creative Directors Nicole & Michael Colovos, along with DJ Harley Viera Newton, a photolab presented by Cobrasnake, spirits provided by East Village’s Death & Company and bites catered via Rickshaw’s Dumpling Truck.
* Jeffrey New York: Personal appearances by designers L’Wren Scott, Jason Wu, Nicholas Kirkwood, Monique Pean, Christina Ricci, and Current/Elliott.
* Maybelline New York makeovers for the mini-catwalk and a chance to win a year’s supply of makeup. DJ Charlotte Kemp Muhl and Sean Lennon to spin.
* Scoop NYC: EDUN Pop-Up shop with Ali Hewson and a DJ set from Jaleel Bunton of TV on the Radio.
* American Express ZYNC ZONE with Style Pack partner Gilt Groupe: Providing makeovers, a photo-booth and lounge.
* Tracy Reese: Hosting a dance-a-thon featuring DJ Rajni Jacques of Nylon. Wallflowers can receive complimentary manicures from Sally Hansen.
* Vince: Performances by DJ Mia Moretti and pop-rock violinist Caitlin Moe.
* Click here for a link to the entire list.
WHEN: Friday, September 10, 2010
WHERE: Throughout the Meatpacking District: East of the West Side Highway, South of 16th Street, West of 8th Avenue and North of 12th Street.
CONTACT: Abe Gurko – 212 924 0510 – click here (email@example.com) to receive a complete list of events.
ABOUT FASHION LIVES DOWNTOWN:
The Meatpacking District Initiative is launching FASHION LIVES DOWNTOWN–a series of events celebrating the core business throughout the district–presented by Moët Hennessey USA, the luxury wine and spirits importer whose office is located in the Meatpacking District. During the evening, guests will enjoy cocktails from Belvedere Vodka and bubbly libations from Veuve Clicquot and Moët & Chandon. The Meatpacking District embraces the exciting collaboration between MAC Cosmetics and Milk Studios in its third season. M·A·C & Milk is about evolving the New York Fashion Week experience in innovative and inspiring new directions.