Betty Irabor is the founder and publisher of Nigeria’s long-standing lifestyle magazine called GENEVIEVE Magazine. Today, the magazine clocks 15 and the widely respected leader took to her Instagram page to share 15 lessons she has learned as publisher of GENEVIEVE. Read on:
“Helllloooo world! This is the day the Lord has made ! Genevieve is 15!! Here are 15 lessons GENEVIEVE taught me:
1. Keep fanning the flame of your passion.
There will be days that you will feel drained of all the passion that you started out with but you must continue to place new coal in the fire to keep the flame burning. It’s your passion for what you do that will sustain the vision.
2. Disrupt status quo.
The fact that it’s never been done before doesn’t mean it can’t be done. Until you do it, it’s not done yet. Defy stereotypes.
3. Guard your values jealously (integrity matters, don’t pawn yours).
4. Never forget that there cannot be rainbows without rain... learn to dance in the rain while waiting for the rainbows.
5. The world owes you nothing… free yourself of that sense of entitlement and you will feel less disappointed every time you feel betrayed.
6. Tell the world a lie, but tell yourself the truth.
7. You are only as good as your last victory.
8. Don’t underestimate your competitors even if they seem “not all that.”
9. You don’t have to be extraordinary to do extraordinary things. Nobody was born legend!
10. Etch your name in hearts, not on faces.
11. Do it Afraid.
12. Whenever you wake up is your morning.
13. You need blind faith to walk on water.
Don’t doubt, Peter doubted and began to sink.
14. You can ride the storm because God is always in the storm.
15. Don’t be afraid to let go of those who no longer bring value into your life.
Take care of you.
Stay fab, don’t hate; hating takes too much effort .
#G15 #consistency #genevievemagazine #tenacity #lifelessons #lifelessonswithbetty #bettyirabor #life #love #Godfactor #lifestyle #morningdew #winning #grace #favour #Gteam”
Ladybrille Magazine congratulates Betty Irabor and the GENEVIEVE Magazine team on reaching yet another milestone.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Ladybrille Woman Quote of the Week by Patrice Juah
- Ladybrille Woman Quote of the Week by Lucilla Booyzen
- Meet Amina Hersi Moghe: One of Africa’s Most Successful Entrepreneurs
- Billionaire Robert F. Smith Promises to Pay Off Up to $40 Million in Student Loans for 2019 Moorehouse Graduates – Watch his Speech
- LADYBRILLE WOMAN QUOTE OF THE WEEK BY LISA NICHOLS
Founded in 2007 by Fashion Model/Fashion & Entertainment Lawyer Ms. Uduak, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication demystifying the image of Africans in the west through contemporary African fashion and celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora. Our coverage includes stories on capital, access to markets, expertise, hiring and retention, sales, marketing, and promotions.