New York based fashion designer Lola Faturoti is simply a designer’s designer. In 2007, we introduced you to Faturoti in an exclusive interview where she discussed how she broke into the fashion industry. Since then, we have been waiting to see Faturoti really expand her brand into Africa’s fashion markets and also gain even more buzz than she had at the time. The designer recently took a step towards that direction with her showing at the just concluded Africa Fashion Week. Every single design she showed, gets a “gotta have, musthahave” gasp from us. Luckily, she can be reached at www.lolafaturoti.com for stockists information for some great shopping!
Photocredit: Simon Deiner/SDR Photo
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Ladybrille Woman Quote of the Week by Patrice Juah
- Ladybrille Woman Quote of the Week by Lucilla Booyzen
- Meet Amina Hersi Moghe: One of Africa’s Most Successful Entrepreneurs
- Billionaire Robert F. Smith Promises to Pay Off Up to $40 Million in Student Loans for 2019 Moorehouse Graduates – Watch his Speech
- LADYBRILLE WOMAN QUOTE OF THE WEEK BY LISA NICHOLS
Founded in 2007 by Fashion Model/Fashion & Entertainment Lawyer Ms. Uduak, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication demystifying the image of Africans in the west through contemporary African fashion and celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora. Our coverage includes stories on capital, access to markets, expertise, hiring and retention, sales, marketing, and promotions.