INTERNS & CONTRIBUTORS
We are always looking for mature, honest, hardworking interns and contributors to join our team. Interns, we have opportunities in content, marketing, and promotions department. Contributors send a query/pitch to us.
What We Want From Our Interns
Our interns are fully involved learning both entrepreneur skills and various aspects of the publishing business. We are looking for YOU if you have a GREAT attitude, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, are reliable, pay careful attention to details, intelligent, quick learner, creative, motivated, organized, a self-starter, a strong communicator and know how to take directions well. For our editorial interns, you must have exceptional writing and editing skills and sharp analytical reasoning. Only interns from accredited fashion, marketing, and business college programs will be considered.
Basic competencies: Must have knowledge of general Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point.
Duration of Internship: 3-6 months
Compensation: Unpaid, work study/credit towards your degree.
Hours required: Minimum 15 hours per week required.
Tele-commute: 99% of Job is telecommuting.
Duties described below are illustrative and could include more:
EDITORIAL INTERN DESCRIPTION
* Research story leads and facts on the internet
* Write articles
* Review editorial submissions and correspondences
PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERN JOB DESCRIPTION
* Assist in writing and distributing press releases and other company communications
* Assist with research generally
* Compile press kits
* Build and organize media contact databases
* Track press features
* Assist with events and promotions locally and internationally
MARKETING JOB DESCRIPTION
* Assist with various marketing administrative duties including search marketing
* Assist with the analysis and optimization of various web campaigns
* Prepare, compile and distribute marketing campaigns, e-newsletter, and e-mails to our database of contacts
* Maintain all of our social media sites
* Update our sites
* Create marketing reports
To apply, send a resume, cover letter, and 2 references to email@example.com with “Ladybrille Internship” in the subject line.
What We Want From Contributors
We are quick to let you go where it becomes clear you joined to advance your own personal agenda i.e. your publicity. Please be sure you have a genuine interest in our brand before you apply.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US
* You are paid
* You get to attend events, including high profile ones, on our behalf.
* You have a rare and unique opportunity to receive and complete assignments which include interviews of some of the world’s most prominent personalities; an opportunity many at major publications do not have.
* Your work is published to a highly influential readership base consisting of movers and shakers around the globe.
* Fashion (The business of fashion, retail, and fashion trends. An understanding of the language of fashion: nature, materials (texture, fabric, colors, movement) is a must.
* Business (Articles covering women in business and business in general).
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU
* A clear study, genuine interest, care, and understanding of our brand. We have no desire to work with anyone that “just wants to write articles” or “get exposure” through us.
* A commitment to grow our brand and push our women in business and leadership and our pan-African coverage of African fashion and entertainment to the Western masses.
* A love and/or true appreciation for Africa
* A fun BUT professional disposition, a MUST
* Ability to meet deadlines, a MUST
* Excellent writing and attention to details, a MUST
* Your resume with references included, a MUST
* Sample published works
If you meet the above please send your cover letter and CV with 2 references to (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will only contact you if interested.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- LBW070: Meet Lucilla Booyzen, Founder of South African Fashion Week and Ladybrille Woman of the Month May 2019
- Recap: Arise Fashion Week 2019 Adds Pop Up Shops and Business Seminars to Prestigious Event
- LADYBRILLE WOMAN QUOTE OF THE WEEK BY CHEF TOYA BOUDY
- Aliko Dangote: Africa’s Richest Man Worth Billions says he had to withdraw $10million to believe he was rich
- What is Blockchain? Ken Seiff and Peter Smith Break it Down for the Fashion Industry